Baycuten-N is a combination of dexamethasone, an antiinflammatory agent, and clotrimazole, an antimycotic.
5 mg cream contains 50 mg clotrimazole and 2.215 mg dexamethasone acetate, equivalent to 2 mg dexamethasone.
Inflammations and infections of the skin, particularly those involving fungi, e.g. Trichophyton rubrum, Trychophyton mentagrophytes. Epidermophyton floccosum and Microsporum canis.
Dosage and Administration
Rub the affected skin area gently, after cleansing, with a sufficient amount of Baycuten-N twice daily preferably mornings and evenings. Cream should be rubbed in until it dissapears completely.
Treatment should be discontinued after inflammations have been diminished or improvement of eczematous skin area occurs, at least after 7 days treatment, it may then be continued with corticosteroid-free antimycotic agent (single antimycotic preparation), on doctor's advice.
Warnings and Precautions
- Baycuten-N should only be used for 7 days.
- Care should be exercised in pregnant and lactating women.
In pregnant women, Baycuten-N should only be used if its benefits outweigh its risks to the fetus
- Safety and effectivity in children under 12 years have not been established.
- Baycuten-N should not be used under occlusive dressing.
Maculopapulo eruption and paresthesia, skin atrophy, telangiectasis, striae and skin disorders like acne, and systemic effects of corticosteroid due to its absorption.
Baycuten-N should not be used in :
- patients hypersensitive to active ingredients of the cream
- tuberculosis of skin
- viral infections of the skin including vaccinia, varicella and herpes simplex
- occlusive dressing in patients with atopic dermatitis.